Friday, October 1, 2010

back!

Well, friends. It seems as though I've been neglecting this place for a while, but here I am. I've hit a few bumps during this journey I've talked about in my previous posts. Since my last, I had lost about another ten pounds, but I've gained back about six. So I'm still 24 pounds down from when I started. After all these diets I've tried, I decided that Lindora is not right for me. Too much protein, and the packaged snacks were making me feel not so good. I live in this beautiful city where the quality of food is high and accessible, so I've been taking advantage of it lately and I feel good again!

I wanted to try to add more miso into my life, so here is a recipe that I've made into my own, adapted from a Whole Foods beet and mint slaw.



I love the contrast of the golden and red beets in the first photo! Anyway, here is the recipe:

2 medium to large sized beets, red and/or golden, raw and shredded.
1/2  fennel bulb and fronds, thinly sliced.
1/2 bunch of green onions, chopped.
a few sprigs of fresh mint (I used about 6 or 7), chopped.

Dressing:
4 tsp mellow white miso
3 tbs brown rice vinegar
2 tbs agave nectar or honey (I used one of each)
ground black pepper, to taste.
 -whisked together in a little bowl and the poured over and tossed into the salad.

So yummy!

3 comments:

  1. glad to see you back! I hate beets, so unfortch I will NOT be trying this recipe. but I applaud your recipe and photos! I'm expecting weekly blogs from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am expecting to be more active with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! you're back! I would be happy if you shared more recipes homey. I'm always down for new food ideas. I just joined a boot camp class for a month. Wish me luck. xoxo

    ReplyDelete