Thursday, October 7, 2010

brown rice pasta with raw zucchini!


I modified this recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks.



I love for so many reasons. The chapters aren't split up by courses or types of dishes, but they are split up as aids to an ailment you might have. Whether you need an energy boost, a detox or something to uplift your mood. It also has tons of fun (at least I think they're fun!) facts about what you are getting out of the recipe.

This recipe was under the energy chapter. I made this recipe almost exactly the way it was written, except that I used organic brown rice pasta rather than a whole wheat pasta because I am still trying to refrain from eating too much wheat or gluten. I also used ghee instead of both the oil and butter.



1 pound/pkg of organic brown rice pasta.
2 raw zucchini, finely grated.
2 tbs ghee.
2 tbs Parmesan cheese, finely grated.
sea salt, to taste.
freshly ground lemon pepper, to taste.

This recipe was so simple. All you do is mix all of the ingredients into the pasta after it's been cooked. I will say that by using ghee as opposed to butter, this dish came out a bit more rich than I was expecting. It was still really delicious, but I think next time I'll probably use half the amount and maybe add a few drops of olive oil if I need to.

1 comment:

  1. yummm! i can def get behind this recipe! Except I had to look up "ghee"... very interesting!

    ReplyDelete